Friday, September 19, 2008

So what about Palin?

At first I was sceptical of Sarah Palin. However, the last few weeks have been eye opening. The liberal and radical nature of Obama is coming more to the public domain. The Biden choice is being proven a big mistake. More and more people are realizing Obama just does not get it. Raise taxes? Stupid. More spending? Irresponsible. Spending time with radicals and terrorists? Detrimental. All Obama is, is a great orator. There is nothing in his background or in his political platform or in his supporters that there is to admire, let alone make him acceptable or qualified to be President of the United States of America.


I have not been a fan of McCain either. I think he will be better for the country and compared to Obama, the biggest factor that sets McCain apart is that he will pick good people to support him; like Sarah Palin.

Palin has taken the country by storm. From a mostly unknown Governor from a state that has more Caribou than people, to potentially the most powerful woman in the world. As I previously said, I was a bit skeptical of Sarah Palin. I thought the pick of her over the likes of economic powerhouse Mitt Romney, was a mistake. However, I have amended my thinking. It was a great pick. A maverick move that shook the political arena, putting the ball back in McCain's court, and shooting fear into the Obama camp and his liberal supporters.

What do I like about Palin? She does not seem the politician type. She seems like a Mom. Someone I can trust to do what she says she will do. Listening to her is almost calming. You can believe what she says. She seems honest and sincere. They say she is a maverick, but I would not necessarily categorize her has that. She is one of the masses. Someone who sees the ridiculousness of our current politicians and is not afraid to go against the establishment and bring politics back to where it was when our nation was founded. I salute her and salute McCain for picking her. She gives me a little bit of hope for this election cycle.

No comments: